View Single Post
Old 19.12.2019, 17:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 500 Times in 371 Posts
Thanked 12,599 Times in 6,545 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Post - Damaged Parcel

Quote:
View Post
This is the seller's issue, not your. He needs to either get you the products he sold you or refund your moneym then he needs to take it up with the Post and sort out with the post as he has a contract with them about delivering your package - you don't.
Nope. Around here, unless the contract or Ricardo's T&C says anything to the contrary, the seller has fulfilled his part by sending the items (ignoring the issue of appropirate packing for fragile items).

IIRC every package is insured by The Post for up to 500 CHF (requires confirmation !). As things stand, if I were OP I'd take the position that The Post fu.cked up (they already confirmed that much by saying it got lost), and that the seller used appropriate packing so they can't reduce the payout. Because it got lost they can't prove the package was broken so this claim is void. Take the money and have the seller send the same again, this time with appropriate packing (and perhaps registered).

If the 500 don't cover the damage I'd contact the seller and try splitting the difference fifty/fifty. Legally the seller has fulfilled his part but in fairness he should have used packing that prevents breaking the fragile flasks. While OP may take the position that the seller shold cover the full excess cost, the hassle would probably not be worth the potential return - it seems better to have a nice xmas than drag the issue into next year for a few chuffs.
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: