View Single Post
Old 20.12.2019, 08:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 309 Times in 252 Posts
Thanked 12,757 Times in 6,672 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Am I legally obligated to pay this?

Quote:
View Post
Is there not any loopholes to not paying it? It is unironically for Rechschutzversicherung and Haushaltsverischrung.

I asked the guy who sold me it to cancel it last year, he hasn't done so. He's basically screwed me over before Christmas. Even though I mailed him eingescriben, email and Telefon. Unfortunately I don't have any evidence

What would you do in my situation as a low income 20 yr old? If they betrieb me and police come, I could say the date of birth is false, Herby incorrect and not legally addressed to me? Thoughts?
You have to send them a written note that you want that particular insurance to be canceled. Why don't you take a look at your contract? For health insurance for instance, if you want to change anything or cancel some options you must send a written note 3 months before the end of the year i.e. in September. (at least for our insurance)
Otherwise you'll have to pay for another year, and yes you do have to pay. You don't just change your mind any time you like and "tell the insurance guy". There is a certain procedure to follow and it's all written in your contract or you can ask for more details directly from your insurance company.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: