View Single Post
Old 23.12.2019, 16:44
redbanner redbanner is offline
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Lake Zurich
Posts: 94
Groaned at 70 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
redbanner is considered unworthyredbanner is considered unworthyredbanner is considered unworthyredbanner is considered unworthy
Re: Working remotely for USA company

View Post
Thanks Mullhollander, this is incredibly useful.

ANOBAG seems to be the keyword I wasn't googling yet, and this seems to me the best route.

Seems I just go to Ausgleichskasse and register as a working for a foreign entity with my estimated earnings? Will they explain where and how to pay my AHV and other obligations? I already bought my own accident/liability insurance through the health insurance company.

I guess the Third Pillar is optional, and probably doesn't make a huge difference for me, since I have to pay US taxes on the earnings even if they are in a swiss pension.
You may want to consider the tax implications of the different options Mullhollander describes. It could be VERY advantageous to establish your own legal entity and invoice out your services to your foreign employer.
Reply With Quote