View Single Post
Old 03.01.2020, 07:52
Mod, Chips and Mushy Peas

Groaned at 157 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 8,070 Times in 2,988 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: People not offering their seat to elderly, injured or heavily pregnant ladies

Quote:
View Post
Well I do not really know what to make out of this...I've noticed many people in the trams/busses not offering their seat to elderly, injured or heavily pregnant ladies, they just look away...has anyone of them ever thought that they could be in their shoes one day? Just a thought...
Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.

I see seats being offered on a frequent basis on Zürich trams and buses where somebody looks to be in need. I’ve also been offered seats when carrying Nickatbaseljnr in a babybjörn. Ditto Basel when we lived there.

Contrast with London some years ago when MrsNickatbasel was obviously heavily pregnant and it people just crammed on and did not offer a seat.

I have also offered seats to the old and infirm - sometimes accepted, other times graciously declined as they were only travelling a stop or two.

Quote:
View Post
I offer my seat to all such people and also the pretty women! One should always be courteous to the weaker sex.
And that way you guarantee a seat to yourself.

Cheers,
Nick

This user would like to thank nickatbasel for this useful post: