View Single Post
Old 04.01.2020, 06:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,238 Times in 821 Posts
Thanked 19,388 Times in 7,504 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cheap wood floors in apartment

Quote:
View Post
Hello all,

We just moved into a place. It is quite expensive and recently renovated.

However, the wood floors are so unbelievably cheap and I donít know what to do. They are not finished or protected in anyway. The other day, I was cleaning and my finger nail left a deep scratch in the wood. My friend brought her well behaved dog over and he left deep scratches in the floor just from walking around. I bought special parquet/wood carpet tape and it just peeled an entire section off of the floor. We are regularly walking around without shoes & getting splinters in our feet. Itís that bad!

I know our landlord would charge us thousands of dollars now upon move out and this is absolutely ridiculous. I was present for the handover inspection and she was very strict with the flooring.

We do have insurance. Is there anyway we could hire someone to finish these floors before it gets worse? Willing to pay now instead of a fortune later. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Always speak to the Mietverband first to get the correct information before speaking to a landlord And never just take action into your own hands by getting any significant work done without speaking to the landlord first.
The following 4 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: