View Single Post
Old 15.09.2008, 16:33
confusedxx confusedxx is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: zURICH
Posts: 26
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
confusedxx has no particular reputation at present
Divorce and Work Permit

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping you can give me some advice and information. I have been married for nearly 5 years to a Swiss woman. Unfortunately, we will seperate

In March 09 we would have been married for 5 years. She is willing to remain married until that time, if needed, so I can get my C permit. I am from N. America and understand that I would need to have had either a B-permit for 5 years or have been married to a Swiss national for 5 years.

I have had my B work permit for 4 years now I believe. My current is set to expire in Q1 next year. Naturally for her sake and mine, I do not want to force us to remain in a relationship that is essentially over any longer than necessary. I do, however, want to remain in CH.

Assuming that I have had 4 consecutive years of a B work permit and I get my renewal in Q1 2009 ---- My question are:

1. Do we need to continue living together until Mar 09 or even later for me to get a C work permit?

2. If I get my 5th B work permit in Q1 2009, can I then upgrade it to a C a month or 2 later once the 5 year anniversary arrives?

3. Is there any benefit to getting or trying to get Swiss nationality once I have a C permit and how long does that take?

4. Is there anything else I need to consider with regards to the C permit

Reply With Quote