View Single Post
Old 12.01.2020, 13:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 220 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 7,493 Times in 3,310 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Focused Degree For Customer Service?

Quote:
View Post
My husband believes I'll be able to find employment as a customer service representative speaking English for international companies who have offices in Switzerland. While actually looking for employers with listings for such things, I've found very few that don't require at least one national language. I'm working on it, but it's not coming to me easily. lol.
International support desks that require English only is done out of Asia or Eastern Europe, it is too expensive to do out of Switzerland and local support jobs will require at least one and more likely two of the national languages. Which is why you’re struggling to find positions.

Now I know this is going to get some people’s backs up, but a Bachelors degree from some random college in the US is not going to impress many employers in Switzerland unless it is from an Ivy League college or comes with a Masters.

My advice would be to finish up your Associate degree and then concentrate on learning the language, it is the only realistic way to broaden your employment options.