View Single Post
Old 13.01.2020, 11:01

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
You do like to provoke don’t you?! At least you’re not the only one! I didn’t “lose” any discussion for your information, I just refuse to engage with irrational bullies that have a mob mentality.

Brexit is a separate discussion yet it didn’t stop a member bringing up Donald Trump’s name (which I suspect was merely another provocation). Much of what was said on the other discussion was such groundless, offensive nonsense that it just doesn’t warrant any sort of response.

I have to keep reminding myself that the internet is not the real world, and some of the power users on this forum seem to be as far removed from that as one can imagine. There is hope though as is displayed on this discussion. There was a very similar atmosphere here before the General Election last year, with equally nonsensical arguments being made. Following the result however it became a lot more quieter, reasonable and more civil. Amazing what a dose of the real world will do for people!

You do realise that this is a discussion forum where there are plenty of folk who have differing views. I find that folk are often labelled as irrational when the brain froth becomes too saturated. There is no bullying in this case. No "mob mentality" in the disagreements. However there is a group of individuals whose views, in these instances, align/overlap/ concur/ whatever who are just as vocal as you. This isn't a soap box or a monologue arena.

If anything you are the one making endless accusations because, like a frustrated four year old who wants to win, it's not fair, they won't listen, they're not playing properly.

It's very clear to me that the world you think you live in and the one that actually exists are quite different. With some overlap. Need another Venn.

Quote:
People have probably backed off because they’re bored of the endless groundless opinion and blinkered view you are attempting to dominate these threads with.

It’s pointless, boring and when someone points out that you are in fact, wrong, and backs it up with links and information you double down with your nonsense.

It was funny in the beginning. Now it’s just tedious noise.

You should start a blog where you can listen to yourself unchallenged.

Exactly this. You are relentlessly, unnecessarily, combative and adamant that anyone not wholeheartedly agreeing with you is some sort of blinkered idiot.

Last edited by RufusB; 13.01.2020 at 11:43. Reason: Clarification re bullying
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post: