View Single Post
Old 13.01.2020, 16:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,238 Times in 821 Posts
Thanked 19,388 Times in 7,504 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Damage in the wooden floor

Quote:
View Post
Thanks a lot for your reply,
I really don`t have a problem paying for any damage caused by me, but to be honest with you, i assume that the floor was too old, as per my last comment here on this post, the floor might be more than 30 years old. The company that i had recently to check the floor confirmed that this floor is at least 15-20 years old. Now, my insurance company tries to get any confirmation from the owner regarding the date when this floor was installed, but he insists on saying that he does not have any documents for this, which is something that me and the insurance find very strange. Anyways, an adviser told me that as long as he can not confirm the date when the floor was installed, then it means it goes back to the time when the house was built, and accordingly the floor will be 40 years+, so i need your opinion as an owner, am i supposed to pay for the repair of such a very old floor? this simply means me and my insurance will renovate his apartment on our expenses, for somethings that i assume it is 100% his responsibility.
What did the Mietverband say? You did call them... right?