View Single Post
Old 13.01.2020, 20:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 83 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 1,192 Times in 581 Posts
YuropFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeYuropFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeYuropFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeYuropFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it worth it to move from Hamburg to Zurich

Quote:
View Post
But after that when he goes to school somebody need to be superflexible to make a lunch at home or bring him there and back to school during the lunch break.
Well, there are probably some areas where walking to/from school for a 1st grader might be tricky, but I'd say in most areas of Switzerland, especially the suburbs, it should be perfectly doable for a 1st grader to walk to/from school themselves after a few weeks. First few weeks of the schoolyear usually with support to cross roads.

Plenty of schools offer school lunches as well, so some days will be completely covered, and depending how fast the kid is becoming independent, it's entirely reasonable to assume a 3rd grader (and above) to be able to reheat some prepared meals at home. Certainly when I was a kid, everyone in my school that had working parents was able to do so, and/or parents organized some kind of group schedule where one parent would take care for several kids over lunch in a rotating shiftplan.