View Single Post
Old 13.01.2020, 21:42
Banned

Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: The Swiss-Germans really are so smiling!

Quote:
View Post
I don't want to hear any more groaning from you lot on the other side of the Röstigrabe... I have evidence that the Swiss-Germans are very smiling and funny folks!

A couple of week-ends back, I went to the Oberalps where I stayed with some friends who run a small Pension/hotel. There were 6, absolutely stunning-looking Swiss-German females, all medics, staying there. We had two evening meals together, they were SO funny! My (incredibly poor and limited) Swiss-German took a real boost suddenly, helped with copious amounts of alcohol. When my friends shared with them that I was a yodel, they may as well announced the Messiah! I had to dutifully oblige, of course, and a couple of yodels later, I had, for the first time ever, a fan club in the 25-35 age range, rather than 85+!! By the second evening, they were inviting me to share the Jacuzzi with them!! I tell you, this was like Colin going to Milwaukee!
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B902&FORM=VIRE

You would not get the same response to yodel in the French speaking part, I assure you!
Then, last week-end, it was Wattwil for the Jodel musical. Again, I have never seen so many Swiss-Germans laugh their heart out to the jokes (that by-passed me completely!). I needed a lift back to my hotel after the show as I had missed the last bus and again, I got well over 20 volunteers, all really friendly and smiling, even though my conversation skills were quite limited.

Well done the Swiss, you show them that not everyone is gloomy and miserable!
The Swiss-Germans always smile when they are drunk. Normally they are totally introverted
The following 2 users groan at omtatsat for this post: