View Single Post
Old 15.01.2020, 17:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Swiss Sport of Grocery Shopping

Quote:
View Post
You need to come and experience the posh parts of Switzerland! I saw once in Manor a woman who had hired some poor guy who was carrying a giant crate of every luxury item she was selecting, from Caviar to whole lobster...
Why couldn't she get a trolley? Perhaps she thought some of the fur of her fur coat would get caught in the coin slot or something?

As for the checkout, I hate it when people are pushing their items, crushing yours in the process, when there is obviously no space left on the conveyor. I once took the "next" bar (or, it sounds so much better in French: "client suivant"!), put it right under the nose of the rude guy behind me and said: "See this, it shows you have to stay behind it!" and proceeded to let it slide on the floor at least 5 meters back!! Some Swiss were actually laughing, he didn't say anything, probably too shocked by my rude behaviour.
Well...was he buying croissants? By any chance?

You crushed him.
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: