View Single Post
Old 16.01.2020, 11:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Swiss Sport of Grocery Shopping

Quote:
View Post
Nowadays fewer youngsters do the bagging, but the work is often done by people who would otherwise struggle to find employment. Often the store works in conjunction with support organizations. Maybe not so speedy anymore, but nonetheless it is important engagement in the community. As MC points out, meaningful work for those who need it.

As for the old style handle-less paper bags: World's best Backpapier. I grew up cutting up those bags to bake cookies on.

Hate the plastic bags, for the inconvenience and obviously environmental impact. Glad to see that they are being phased out in many states.

Although in Robidog-less lands, those plastic bags did serve a second function.
It is a good solid brown paper, crafts and stuff..though I like that here you got your own bag and recycle it million times. Mine says Poor but sexy, if you see that, come and say hi