View Single Post
Old 16.01.2020, 14:42

Re: Robbery in Rental property: Who pays for the replacement of locks?

Quote:
View Post
Just to be clear, the other locks that were replaced was from the garage and side entry to the house. It's still part of the property. It wasn't my lock. We had one key that open main door, garage and side door. So there is a difference between main door and side door?
No, property is property wether it be a toilet seat or a window or a side-door or whatever got damaged by the burglar(s)

Since no keys are missing your landlord does not feel the need to replace all the locks and I can understand that. You however decided that they must be replaced and gave the order yourself, I can also understand this, but more from an emotional point of view than a practical point of view. Your landlord however does not have to pay for your emotions.

Our home has been fully open to all who pleased for some days due to a smashed window and by the burglars fully opened blinds and doors on the back, a truckload was missing and the whole place was a huge mess, but we still had all the keys of which some had been laying in the house, and yes we still have the same locks.

Had you or I had missing keys after this than it would have been a different story.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post: