View Single Post
Old 16.01.2020, 21:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 236 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 19,972 Times in 8,115 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double taxation UK - Swiss

Well, when it goes the other way (Swiss resident employed by foreign company), they should get paid gross, with any employer social contribution added. They would then use ANOBAG to pay the appropriate levels of tax/social contribution.

So (and I am not an international tax lawyer), I imagine it should work that way from Switzerland to the UK. I.e. get paid gross, remit the NI/PAYE due to HMRC. See option 3 here: https://www.taxrebateservices.co.uk/...mployer-uk-tax - which bears this out. Your employer is not liable to deduct Swiss tax/NI from your salary if you're not Swiss resident. In fact they should pay you a little bit more to account for the employers NI they're saving.

You could call HMRC and ask them, but based on experience, I'd not bet on getting any useful information from them.