View Single Post
Old 17.01.2020, 12:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 40 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 4,391 Times in 2,030 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IT Contractors - why an agency has to be involved? Let's find projects directly

Quote:
View Post
Accusing is not the same as assuming I tend to assume, but at the end I want to beleive that is not the case

I have work permit, no need any assistance from the agency, live in Switzerland since 11 years. I can go to a payroll company directly as well so legal requirements are covered as well. So I could be even cheaper because we could half the provision (let's say 20%) of the agency, so it is win-win for the client and for me as well.

And question remains: why the clients do not advertise such projects directly? Why a middle man is needed who does nothing, but the advertisement for such high profit?
I assume you're not familiar with risk management.

If a big company hire people through an agency to avoid any liability. Direct hiring may save 20%, but the day something goes wrong with work permits or social security, they might be liable for larger amounts and long legal discussions. The liability is worth for permanent employees, but that's not your case.

An agency also means reliability. As Today only mentioned, if they hire you directly and for whatever reason you cannot deliver the project is in troubles. The agency just needs to find a suitable and the project keeps running to avoid delays, penalties or operational loses.
The following 2 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post: