View Single Post
Old 17.01.2020, 14:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,699 Times in 10,980 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Teachers are decently paid, it's true, but NQTs are on just over 24k and it can take a long time, especially now, to get over the 30 - 36k mark which is, now apparently the range of the average UK full time salary now. I'd say only about 40% staff in an average school are on more : dept heads and SLT. Is a total guess though. Just thinking of my last dept /school and extrapolating.
UK Min wage 8.21 x 40 x 52 = 17076.80, so NON QUALIFIED Teachers earn 40% more than min wage.
Teachers should not have been used as an example when discussing poverty, NHS do have plenty of min wage employees.
Academy head teachers can earn in excess of 150k with bonus
Quote:
Not being able to afford three meals a day, incl. One hot one is a factor.

He's not proving anything other than his narrow entitled world view. And lack of a real world job with actual people.
I don't eat 3 meals a day, it's not that unusual.