View Single Post
Old 18.01.2020, 11:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,905 Times in 8,018 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The real estate lied to us telling us we could have pets.

Quote:
View Post
Ask the agent what breed is allowed. Dont give up here. The agent sounds like he is trying to mess you around. Don't give in!
If you ask me you should just get your dog. Finish. No more discussion with the agent. These agents think they can do what they like with the people and if no one stands up to them then it will continue. PS. Dont buy a Pit Bull!
Please do not encourage the OP to get a dog without the landlord's permission written into the contract. Please. Doing so can cause real harm.

While I agree that it is not unknown for an estate agent to act as if he or she is a morally-challenged viper and pushback is often the right way to go, in cases where a helpless sentient being would be put at risk one must think of the greater good.

The OP now knows her building is not pet friendly. It only takes one neighbor to make life an absolute misery for both the OP and her (future) dog. The anti-dog posse here have been known to go to great lengths, inclulding harming the dog. Please do not suggest actions, such as keeping a dog against house rules, that would give these folks an excuse.

No responsible owner puts his or her pet at risk. Punkt, fertig. The greater good in this situation is the welfare of the animal. If one loves one's pet, one goes about pet ownership the right way.

---

So again - concentrate on moving out of this situation and finding a place where permission is given upfront, written into the lease. As in my previous post - responsible breeders and rescues will require this anyway.

Once the right place is found, then start looking for your furry friend.
The following 6 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: