View Single Post
Old 18.01.2020, 14:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I get good tomato juice?

Quote:
View Post
Migros has two decent sorts:
Alnatura (tetra-pack) and Sarasay (plastic bottle). I personally like Sarasay more.

https://produkte.migros.ch/sarasay-tomate-122287000000
So, I checked today. Indeed it seems the Migros tomato juice I enjoyed all my life (I used to love that stuff when a child already) is gone!

I figured - in the name of research for VenusC - I try the Sarasay. It seems thinner than the one they used to sell, which tasted much richer. Also it contains sugar - wtf? - yet definitely not enough salt .... but that's me and no problem to add while getting all the pepper and chilli into it as well. They label it explicitly = well visible with "vegetable juice" Someone please tell Migros about tomatoes? It's drinkable but not as nice as I want it to be and I won't buy it anymore for that reason and because of it's extra sugar content.

I did not see the Alnatura one. Maybe my Migros is too small to carry it. It's not in the cooler is it? I wouldn't like that as I like to store it for when I'm in the mood.

So yes, VenusC, tomato juice has become a problem in Switzerland. And from this moment on I will keep a close eye on suggestions on this thread as well. I mean seriously, this beats the brown sugar problem by far!
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post: