View Single Post
Old 20.01.2020, 09:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 26,264 Times in 11,001 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Relatively neutral on Meghan, Suits was alright. She has (in?)advertantly exposed vast swathes of casual / secreted racism in the media though. Plus she (mainly due to the media) has begun the breakup of the anachronistic monolith that is our Royal Family, so well done I suppose.

Greta I like...she enrages Boomers with facts, rather than feelings they accuse millennials of being controlled by.
Back in the day similar stuff was said of Diana . I saw a documentary on Wallis Simpson . Much the same story. In the long run, such things don’t hurt the royal family. On the contrary they strengthen the royal family because , well , they show that only royals know how to act like royals . In that respect Prince Andrew has caused far greater damage, but even there , he’s sufficiently far from the throne to genuinely matter . And in the meantime the rumour mill needs to be fed. The outrage (at least as far as Megan is concerned ) is largely fake IMHO . Life goes on.

Last edited by amogles; 20.01.2020 at 09:29.
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post: