View Single Post
Old 21.01.2020, 11:24

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
sundaygirl has earned some respectsundaygirl has earned some respect
Considering move

Hi everyone. I am currently considering a move to Switzerland to follow my mostly German boyfriend of one year (born in Kreuzlingen, grew up in Konstanz, Swiss mother/German father). He has been in the UK for 11 years after moving here with his family as a teenager and has been growing increasingly homesick, not helped by Brexit and the rest of his family moving. His parents are now in Graubünden and his brother has just accepted a job in Winterthur and will be leaving next month.
He has a Skype interview for a job in Basel tomorrow and is also considering jobs in Zürich. At the moment he is an account manager for a tech company, so looking for something similar.
I would love to come with him if I am able to get a job. I studied German at university and my German is a bit rusty but still decent. Of course I can practice with him in the meantime. I have worked as an in-house translator and EFL tutor before but don't have any formal qualifications, which makes me uneasy about being able to get a job here. Since then, I have mostly had admin assistant jobs in banks. So we'll see! I guess I will mostly be found on the jobs board in the meantime.