View Single Post
Old 22.01.2020, 17:16
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 412 Times in 244 Posts
Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,140 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Perhaps because she (and I) can't find anything much to verify his claims?

For example University enrolment figures for 2019/20 are not available yet - the 2% increase was the 2018 intake so old news (even if only recently reported) and therefore not linked to recent events.

FWIW the increase (and actually I wouldn't be surprised to see one in 2019/20 either) is more probably due to this being the last time when EU students will qualify for UK government student loans, therefore a pre-Brexit bonus not a post-Brexit benefit.
Here you go! I'm sure if you would have just googled what I wrote then you would have found it.

https://monitor.icef.com/2020/01/for...6-for-2018-19/

Quote:
View Post
Were still doomed Tony which ever way it pans out as you forgot to factor in Global Warming,
rising sea levels and mans impact on the environment.
Why all the doom and gloom, friend? Don't limit your view of the world through the prism of the media. Statistics show us that now has never been a better time to be alive than today. Humans are living longer, richer, better fed, better educated, healthier than at any point in time. Things are only getting better!