View Single Post
Old 22.01.2020, 18:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Whoops, I’m danger of getting dragged into another boring “we can dissect your argument to “own” you!”.
No. It's that you posted something out of context thus giving a false impression. I don't know whether that was deliberate or accidental, hence why I asked the question.

You posted...
Quote:
View Post
There's been a lot of positive Brexit news over the past week or so....

... the number of new UK university enrollments from EU countries up 2% ...
... but the article you provided the link for says...

Quote:
HESA data for 2019/20 will be particularly interesting to observe in light of the restoration of post-study work rights as well as the continuing Brexit process.
The only time 2% is mentioned in the article is in this context...

Quote:
The latest Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) data shows a slight increase in new students coming from EU countries (2%) with larger gains coming from markets outside the European Union (10%). Non-EU first-year student numbers grew by 18,475 between 2017/18 and 2018/19, with most of this increase at the postgraduate level.
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: