View Single Post
Old 23.01.2020, 13:25

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
VenusC has a reputation beyond reputeVenusC has a reputation beyond reputeVenusC has a reputation beyond reputeVenusC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pickpockets in Geneva

Well, as long as there is stuff to steal, people will keep stealing. Even in the relative safety of Zug I pass by cafes and outdoor sitting areas observing people with their bags slung over the back of chairs or half open next to them, while they chatter away sipping coffee, mobile on the table.
Then you hear a sobby story of someone's stuff having been nicked.

If it's of any help to you, to prevent parting with my things, I always give an eye-to-eye hard stare at the people who suddenly start twirling around me - that deters them. Being quite rough looking, in my case, also helps.

Good etiquette of not putting your phone on the table while meeting friends for a drink or dinner helps keep your phone safe too.

If you have a tendency to lose stuff, do not fiddle with it on the train, bus, at the station. That's where I would often find other people's lost items.

If you anticipate getting drunk, take just one card with you, split cash between 2 pockets.
The following 3 users would like to thank VenusC for this useful post: