View Single Post
Old 23.01.2020, 19:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 94 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 12,303 Times in 4,989 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Agreements between doctors to not take on each other's patients

I knew a GP quite well who told me that he has occasional collegial contact with the others in the area and they all said that they dread the patient who migrates to their practice from any of the others as then they not only have to treat (which they do want to do), but all too often also to listen to complaints about their colleagues. And that patients who have left Dr A because of something they didn't get there would generally tend to be all the more insistent that Dr B now deliver that service, immediately. And all the while they know that some other former patient of mine is sitting over there, complaining about me.

I agree with Curley: if at all possible, move on and look for Dr C. Possibly with a friend's recommendation so as to get your foot in the door, as others have suggested.