View Single Post
Old 24.01.2020, 07:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,246 Times in 828 Posts
Thanked 19,641 Times in 7,584 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Issue landlord unfair damage claim

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I left a furnished flat end of November. 10 days later he sent me an email with crazy claims, pretending that I would have broken some objects, asking that I use my insurance to pay him that “cost estimation” that he detailed in a rather sketchy way. I answered to him that this was absolutely not true and that using my insurance would be fraud, therefore i was contesting his claim and would not proceed as he suggested. Now, late Jan, so almost two month after I left, he sent me again an email, with new cost estimations, and he s threatening me to go to debt collection office.

Would anyone know how to best deal with that kind of issue? He is totally trying to scare me off, but I wonder how to proceed as Idont want to lean in his request which totally abusive.

Thanks a lot!
Look at the handover papers... did he perform ans sign a full inventory that said everything was ok?