View Single Post
Old 24.01.2020, 08:56
gvanrenterghem gvanrenterghem is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 64
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
gvanrenterghem has no particular reputation at present
Re: Getting School sorted before moving to Zug

Thanks all,

I have found more solid information.

For taking non-EU members with you in Switzerland, they need to have been with the family for 2 years or more (which is our case) and then can stay for 2 years (1 year renewable (easily)) and sometimes (much more difficult) for longer.

Regarding working hours, it is the same rule that applies to them as for any other house employee i.e. 45 hours per week at normal hourly rate and anything above this at 25% premium. Also for holidays, 5 weeks below and above a certain age and 4 weeks in between.

The hourly rate cannot be the minimum if she/he has been working for over 4 years and needs to be increased to CHF 21.10 per hour ( if no specific qualifications.

To be deducted from this hourly rate to determine the net paid salary though (I initially thought it was to be added for tax purposes) is the CHF 990/month for accomodation and food.

For Sundays and Saturdays, I am unsure but the issue would not apply to us since she would be back to France every weekend to see her husband.

I found a company ( who charges quite a bit of money (CHF 2,500 + 7.7% VAT and you also need to pay CHF 600 to the Kanton for processing the request) to process the paperwork, but with apparently a 100% success rate (and 50% refund should they fail to get accepted).

Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank gvanrenterghem for this useful post: