Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 24.01.2020, 23:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,342 Posts
swissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I don't know, my friends observe today that almost half of the pedestrians are not wearing masks in public, some are very preventive some are not.

I experienced SARS when I was a teenager, I remember going to school wearing masks, the smell of it, the fear, so I always freak out till this day when people cough in public transport not covering their mouths...

I would make sure to order some N95 masks instead of regular surgical masks just to be sure, better paranoid than sorry. I heard the thing mutated, people just drop dead not even fever.

friends in HK?

Singapore govt first said normal disposable masks are ok but now we hear that N95 masks better. I am sure more changes in advice will occur over the coming days, weeks. My dad is a doctor (in HK) and his advice is just try to avoid crowded areas (hard in HK i know) but i think this is better advice than just "wear a mask"
We see China has enforced this by closing down all cinemas and closing tourist sights like Disneyland and the Forbidden palace. And cancelling all national CNY festivities.