Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 24.01.2020, 23:15

Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
spaghetti has a reputation beyond reputespaghetti has a reputation beyond reputespaghetti has a reputation beyond reputespaghetti has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
friends in HK?

Singapore govt first said normal disposable masks are ok but now we hear that N95 masks better. I am sure more changes in advice will occur over the coming days, weeks. My dad is a doctor (in HK) and his advice is just try to avoid crowded areas (hard in HK i know) but i think this is better advice than just "wear a mask"
We see China has enforced this by closing down all cinemas and closing tourist sights like Disneyland and the Forbidden palace. And cancelling all national CNY festivities.
Yea friends in hong kong.

It's always better to avoid crowded areas. And wash your hands when you got home or back to your hotel, before a meal, etc. N95 in theory blocks 20% more bacteria, dust and pollen. However same level of protection with surgical mask in terms of virus. If this thing is confirmed to be "droplet transmission" like SARS, might as well be necessary to wear goggles, if you're really scared that is.

It's our own decision whether to protect ourselves or not, but if I feel sick, I feel responsible to quarantine myself so I don't affect the others.
The following 4 users would like to thank spaghetti for this useful post: