View Single Post
Old 25.01.2020, 14:42
trundlebot trundlebot is offline
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
trundlebot has no particular reputation at present
Withhold tax (B permit) and abroad property

I moved to Zurich in May 2019 with a B permit.
Since my income is under 120k I'm paying my taxes at source.
It happens that I also own a house abroad (Italy, value should be around 100k and imputed rent ~ 6k/y). The house is not rented.
By quicky googling around I found that I'm supposed to declare it in my tax declaration so I've been asking some tax advisor agencies for a quote for my situation.

Here comes the complex part:

a) I've been aked ~ 1200 CHF for the tax declaration
b) 150-650 CHF for my tax declaration depending on how good and precise I am in providing the required documents.
c) They told me that because I have a B permit, a net worth under 200k CHF and because I pay taxes at source I don't need to declare the house in my tax declaration.

Does anyone have experience with this situation? Is agency c) correct in this case? ( honestly I think that agency a) asked way more than the fair market price for my situation).

I've been thinking of writing directly to the cantonal tax office? Is it a good thing? Can they provide me the answers I'm looking for? (I don't really speak german and I'm afraid they will just point me to some techinal german document I will not be able to understand.)

Thanks to anyone that will help me figure this out.
Reply With Quote