View Single Post
Old 28.01.2020, 11:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 40 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 4,436 Times in 2,048 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SIM card (or virtual phone number) from abroad

Remembering the last time I was looking for a job.....I got an email requesting me to show up for an interview in the office. I called back, said I was on the other side of the Atlantic and will return 3 weeks later to CH. Then we agreed to a date for interview. It's totally OK to not be in Switzerland while applying for a job in Switzerland and setting up an appointment months in advance. I'd guess this is the normal way for foreigners.

These days people also uses whatsapp and Skype. There's no friction in calling someone on the other side of the world via whatsapp. There was another thread a few weeks ago about a guy worried that all the interview process was via Skype.

But, there might be a downside of providing a Swiss number while not living here. The recruiter may get the first impression that you already live here and have a residence permit. This would misdirect them into thinking she's easy to hire compared to people without residence permits. If people later finds out this is not case, it will look as deceitful.

Last edited by Axa; 28.01.2020 at 11:37.