View Single Post
Old 28.01.2020, 13:13
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 158 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 2,639 Times in 977 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
A free market works for both employers & employees.
Yes, BUT with a very very different bargaining leverage heavily skewed towards the employer. Sure, most of us, expats in CH, have it relatively good as by and large we are educated, well experience and lucky. This is not the case for the vast majority of employees worldwide and as much as I appreciate my own luck (seems you too, wish you all the best sincerely!) i see a coherent gainfully employed society as a public good. having odd jobs in the "sharing economy" ain't gonna cut it.

Btw, over the past probably 8-9 months the intensity of headhunters trying to recruit for the UK has increased substantially. In the beginning they used to try to convince me "it will all be ok", but recently even they seem a bit blue and usually after being cut off end up with "yes, i understand, we get that a lot"
Valid statistic? Surely not. But it certainly creates a certain impression in my mind about how many people are refusing to go to the UK and apparently the UK is having a hard time finding qualified people.
The following 4 users would like to thank gaburko for this useful post: