View Single Post
Old 29.01.2020, 11:38
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,161 Times in 9,996 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
I've been under the RAV 3 times during my years here and, for the most part, no more than 3-4 months each time before I found another job so I do have at least an inkling of the system.

I know that they don't allow people to divert from the career they signed on with and I guess this also applies to people who want to retrain even within their industry (otherwise, where do they draw the line on retraining?).

In my experience, as long as you are applying for the requisite number of positions and are immediately available to go for interview and then start the job, then you are fulfilling the criteria. Taking a chunk of time out to do a course whilst you're under the RAV is, understandably, not allowed.

Of course it has it's faults - which unemployment benefit system is perfect?
Quote:
I don't believe the burden of "working" for the RAV is all that intense - 10 to 12 job applications a month and they pay you a pretty generous "wage" for this.

There was nothing stopping you retraining in your own time - plenty of people take distance learning courses for all kinds of things, even whilst in full employment.
That's awesome then. So, simple and implementable. Looking forward to the UK starting this marvelous system, since from your posts it sounds as if positive attitude is all one needs. And paying into it, I haste to add. Minor details.
The following 4 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: