View Single Post
Old 29.01.2020, 12:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 10,944 Times in 4,808 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which German Language Test to Take?

You can find past TELC exam papers online and try them for yourself.
I've informally sat the exams in language class for each level up to B1.2, but haven't sat the formal exam yet as I only plan on doing that for B2.2.

My concern with an exam system with an almost sliding scale of how you are graded, is that it may be off putting to the student and knock their confidence during the exam itself. I feel it's better that everything on an exam paper is at least familiar to the student, and matches the areas of language they've already studied.

One thing to note about the TELC exam... I've found that I can remember things I studied over a month ago, more easily than things I learned the previous week. With the exams, it's meant that I can get 100% in one or two sections of the paper, yet completely omit another section, and still get a decent pass mark.