View Single Post
Old 29.01.2020, 13:46
A modal singularity

Groaned at 369 Times in 240 Posts
Thanked 15,595 Times in 6,736 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
1. Count your blessings
2. Take the daily rate.
3. Make sure you post here to show everyone how wealthy you are.

But it really depends on how employable you feel you'll be in a year. I shifted from contract to permie 15+ years ago, from a lower (~75% of what you quote) daily rate to a slightly lower annual salary, but my reasons were based around wanting to feel permanent and stable in both professional and personal life, not purely financial.

Similarly, my wife, who had been permy for some years, then was let go before going back as a contractor, took a permie role on a slightly different equation to yours.

In both cases, a significant part of it was also based on the role itself, and how much one would be able to influence things in the longer term, so again, it's not just about the money.

Quote:
That is like 283K a year (taking 25 days of for holiday, illness etc)
I used to work on a max 2000hr/year basis, which would make it 300k. Yes, of course illness would eat into that, but even taking decent amounts of hols it was easy to achieve the maximum hours over the course of a year.