View Single Post
Old 29.01.2020, 17:41
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
coppelia has no particular reputation at present
Working for Swiss company remotely (from Spain) on a Swiss contract? What permit?

Hello everyone,

PLEASE HELP, the future of my job and my relationship are on the line!!

I've been trying to figure out this but so far no luck:

I am a spaniard currently employed by a Swiss company, based in Lausanne (Vaud) and living in the canton. I've been here for 4 years now. However, I have negotiated with the company to work fully remotely so I can relocate back to Spain or potentially Germany where my boyfriend lives in case he can't move to Spain, while keeping the job in Switzerland.

The company is open to this but they have no experience with such practice and we are a small startup so we don't have much legal support. They're trying to study the case but things are moving veeery slowly and I want to make this happen to avoid a change of heart, so I want to support them with these questions.

Questions:
1. Is it possible to do this? I would assume it is since most technology companies with commercial activties abroad will have remote teams (sales, field support) on different countries, so I guess it MUST be possible.

2. If possible, can it be done under a Swiss contract? The company is open to offer me this possibility but they don't want to open pandora's box. If other people in the company apply for this after me, and each person needs a different kind of contract depending on the country they are living in and subject to different local laws, it will be a dealbreaker.

3. If all of the above are possible, what is the required residency/job permit? Is a residency permit needed at all? Meaning: can the residency permit be separated from the work permit so that I don't need to apply for L/B/G/C permit and therefore not need an address in Switzerland nor a commitment to spend more than 50% of the days in the country? Even if I still pay my taxes in Switzerland at source.

Thank you sooo much in advance for your help! This is driving me nuts!

Cheers,
Coppelia