View Single Post
Old 31.01.2020, 09:15
Nonalnm Nonalnm is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Nonalnm has annoyed a few people around hereNonalnm has annoyed a few people around hereNonalnm has annoyed a few people around here
Re: How to legally employ a cleaning lady/domestic help

It is perfectly doable by anyone, it just takes time.
My rcommendations:
1) use the pdf template available in the SVA website for the pay slips (they have one for hourly pay and one for monthly pay)
2) be sure you deduct the contributions and insurance premium that is payable by your employee
3) if your domestic helper has a permit B, you will need to deduct the withholding tax too, as you will be the one paying the tax authorities, not her, therefore you need to collect it from her first. If she has a permit B and she is already employed and declared by someone else, she will face a higher tax rate (totally unfair, i still donít get why). Therefore, be sure as soon as you sign the contract, to send it to the tax authorities so they can confirm you which tax rate applied to her, so you can dedict it from her monthly salary.

You can start employing her and find out about all that in the following months, you just need to do it. Everyone in the administration is very helpful.
Reply With Quote