View Single Post
Old 31.01.2020, 10:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,904 Times in 8,018 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dog Socialization a Real Problem in (Central?) Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Are GSD on that list so I know where to avoid when we move and does the permit give any restrictions such as wearing a muzzle in public
No, GSDs are welcome in FR.

Each of the cantons that have implemented BSL have their own lists of banned or restricted breeds/crosses.

The only canton where GSDs are restricted is TI - a permit is needed to keep a GSD (and 29 other breeds and their crosses).

If a dog owner is considering a move to another canton, it is a good idea to double check that canton's dog law. And remember that dog law is something of a moving target - as public attitudes change, so can the law*. Cantonal dog law is usually published on the cantonal website, or one should contact the cantonal Veterinäramt with questions. Also refer to the Tier Im Recht summaries linked upthread.

* Change is not always towards the more restrictive. For years I would not consider moving to GL, a place that otherwise is very attractive to me, due to their restrictions on multi dog households. That law has been done away with, a milder version is now in effect. So if my dream property ever hits the market...
The following 2 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: