View Single Post
Old 31.01.2020, 12:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 94 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 12,284 Times in 4,987 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dog Socialization a Real Problem in (Central?) Switzerland

@Mr Dog, I'd like to say that in your posts about your relationship with your dog, it impresses me that you repeatedly show that you can distinguish between your own needs and those of the dog, and that that ability and willingness steers your choices for the dog. Of course, that ought to be the norm, but we see that it is often not done.

For example, for yourself (had you no dog), you might have found the noise and disruption from the building-site annoying, but would otherwise have looked out the window, sighed, and according to their progress estimated how long you'd have to put up with the inconvenience, and that'd probably be that. And possibly simply with discipline and control commands, you could have gotten your dog past there. However - for your dog's sake, short term and with regard to the dog's longer term development - you took the trouble to have those conversations with the builders.

Similarly, you yourself would love to enjoy watching your dog bouncing around happily with the others, but you take the trouble to ensure that the dog can sometimes have this experience, but only under controlled and safe circumstances, bearing in mind the dog's vulnerabilities due to injuries and physiotherapy.

I commend you for mastering this distinction, and acting according to is: what is about you, and what is about the dog.
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post: