View Single Post
Old 01.02.2020, 12:09
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 5 Posts
Starbug has earned some respectStarbug has earned some respect
Re: Swiss Marriage Visa : for Indian and Swiss citizen

Just an update.
My partner got his visa and arrived here in January. However to give everyone a heads up with the process on the Indian side.
1. You must send an email to the Swiss embassy in Delhi with your Ermächtigung zur Visumerteilung attached. Delhi will confirm your paperwork is good and will direct you to go to VFS. Make sure that Delhi also confirms you have paid the visa fee otherwise VFS can ask you to pay again! Print out this email.

2.The Swiss Embassy no longer issues the visa directly, you must go through VFS.

3.Make an appointment at the VFS office closest to you. The fee is 1500 rupees. Yes, in addition to what you have already paid.

4.Go to the appointment with your passport, the Ermächtigung, the email from the embassy and photographs, VFS will tell you the size and will also inform you what you need to bring.

5.In our case, the VFS office had no idea what this kind of visa is and were very confused. Ask to speak to the manager if you get the deer in the headlights look.

6.VFS will take your passport and issue you a receipt and send you away.

7.VFS does have a tracking system so you can follow your passport's progress.

8.We were lucky and my partner's visa was issued within 48 hours. Go back to the VFS office and pick up your passport.

This is for Delhi. In other parts of the country you must reckon with courier timings and other delays as all passports are sent to Delhi regardless of the location of the VFS office.

You should not book a ticket until you have your visa as no one can say for sure how long it will take to get your passport back.

DO NOT pay the visa fee again. You only have to pay the VFS charge. The embassy shall confirm you have paid the visa fee already.

The premium services offered by VFS are scams. You won't get anything done any faster as the system is the same.

So I hope this helps.