View Single Post
Old 01.02.2020, 19:44

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
<<I do not hold loyalty to a set of line because I am told to do so, nor to a Monarch just because I've been told to do so.>> Didn't bother you as long as they did as you liked.
<< this other country (not society) has deemed me a valid applicant>>
Of course they did, you fulfilled the necessary requirements. They're not fooled though, they know you only flew by to pick up the papers.
And the society IS the country. An understanding that seems to be completely alien to Brits.
<<Can you honestly say the same without making yourself a hypocrite?>> Say what? If I had changed nationality every time I disliked the result of a voting here I would be very international by now.

And there is no point in arguing this, really. Because unlike in the English language - and therefore I guess in the societies using it - one can not win a discussion. One can only have a discussion.
And the only reason I really enjoy discussions is because it confronts me with different opinions and view points. Just to hear people constantly agree with me would not really be worth my time.
That might be the reason I don't shout "ban, BAN!" when ever someone peculiar shows up on EF.
Wow, so much wrong to unpick.

Quote:
View Post
<<I do not hold loyalty to a set of line because I am told to do so, nor to a Monarch just because I've been told to do so.>> Didn't bother you as long as they did as you liked.
Erm, I've been anti-monarchist for as long as I can remember - you'll probably find posts on here even pre-brexit with me spouting off about the inbred layabouts. I also don't believe the Monarchy ever did what I liked - strangely Prince Harry didn't give me a call about moving to Canada. What a bizarre notion.

Quote:
View Post
<< this other country (not society) has deemed me a valid applicant>>
Of course they did, you fulfilled the necessary requirements. They're not fooled though, they know you only flew by to pick up the papers.
And the society IS the country. An understanding that seems to be completely alien to Brits.
Make your mind up, am I British or Irish (or indeed Swiss with the passport on the way, yeah, sorry about that ). I'm sure you'll welcome me with open arms anyway, you seem open minded like that.
Who exactly is not fooled? Do you think there's a committee of officials looking through each application and putting a black mark on the ones of convenience? Strangely, my Irish mates over here, of which I have many have welcomed me with open arms, yet you as a Swiss are annoyed on their behalf. In your words, ROFL.

Quote:
View Post
<<Can you honestly say the same without making yourself a hypocrite?>> Say what? If I had changed nationality every time I disliked the result of a voting here I would be very international by now.
You didn't answer my question. If you're a patriot and a christian (for example), then surely your order of priorities has to be God then Switzerland then anything else. I feel my family is the most important thing, can you say the same? Which of the above would you die for? I think if you're honest, you'd say family and family only, so you can turn down the hypocrisy now.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post: