View Single Post
Old 01.02.2020, 21:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 200 Times in 177 Posts
Thanked 19,887 Times in 8,224 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
<<I do not hold loyalty to a set of line because I am told to do so, nor to a Monarch just because I've been told to do so.>> Didn't bother you as long as they did as you liked.
<< this other country (not society) has deemed me a valid applicant>>
Of course they did, you fulfilled the necessary requirements. They're not fooled though, they know you only flew by to pick up the papers.
And the society IS the country. An understanding that seems to be completely alien to Brits.
<<Can you honestly say the same without making yourself a hypocrite?>> Say what? If I had changed nationality every time I disliked the result of a voting here I would be very international by now.

And there is no point in arguing this, really. Because unlike in the English language - and therefore I guess in the societies using it - one can not win a discussion. One can only have a discussion.
And the only reason I really enjoy discussions is because it confronts me with different opinions and view points. Just to hear people constantly agree with me would not really be worth my time.
That might be the reason I don't shout "ban, BAN!" when ever someone peculiar shows up on EF.
Could you not have used the quote function?
That post is seriously hard to read.
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post: