View Single Post
Old 02.02.2020, 13:26

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bwkranger has earned some respectbwkranger has earned some respect
Re: Young Scottish family moving to Emmen

Hi ADuncan,

Welcome to Switzerland, and you already know the best tip which is to check things out on the forum. I found most answers to what I needed on here!

I would say my two tips would be to try and not get bogged down or too downbeat when organising paperwork etc, just stay positive and it will all fall into place, the second tip would be to try and learn German as fast as you can, it's definitely not easy and especially trying to follow Swiss German too.

As a bit of context, I moved to Zurich area last February to live with my girlfriend, after moving on from Musselburgh. I found there's plenty of unexpected costs, off ten francs etc for paperwork at the Gemeinde (local council). My first job initially fell through so I then had to find a new job after arriving, luckily I got something else sorted soon after. For me, it's taken almost a year really to get settled, know enough German and make a few friends. Maybe as a final tip, try to travel whenever you can there's plenty of great places to see, just pm if you want to ask anything, happy to help if I can,
All the best,
Craig
The following 2 users would like to thank bwkranger for this useful post: