View Single Post
Old 05.02.2020, 08:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 438 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,234 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Boris Johnson laid out his objectives for trade on Monday and I must say I was very impressed. Parallel trade talks are going to be held with a number of other nations is a very positive step. Mr Johnson's willingness to accept trade friction at the border is also a sign that he is not desperate and won't be put off by threats.

Michel Barnier also set out the EU's objectives which included the UK continuing with EU Competition and Subsidies policy, ECJ contuing to have a role, fishing access to UK waters and that the UK can never sign a better trade deal elsewhere. Sounds a lot like EU membership to me!

I expect we're heading for quite a crash between the two sides, sooner rather than later.
The following 2 users would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post: