View Single Post
Old 06.02.2020, 07:56
Adirondacker Adirondacker is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Adirondacker has no particular reputation at present
Re: Advice needed: US citizen changing name following divorce

View Post
Pure foreigner families can also get a Familienausweis if they got married in Switzerland or got a child in Switzerland after 31. Dec 2005.
Exactly: I was a) not married to a Swiss person and b) did not have kids here (mine were born in the US). So I do not have a Familienausweiss. Hence why I cannot simply change my name in Switzerland and it has been made clear to me that this needs to be done through my home country (the US).
Reply With Quote