View Single Post
Old 08.02.2020, 02:21

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
marcofbbr is considered knowledgeablemarcofbbr is considered knowledgeablemarcofbbr is considered knowledgeable
Re: Low cost Investment Funds in Switzerland

just wanted to show my appreciation for this thread and for the blog posted above. I really hope the guide to Interactive Broker will be complete one day, especially the taxation part(actually, is it required in CH ? I read from your previous comments that there is no tax on capital gain. Do we still to declare that income?).

I wonder whether with funds the situation could be easier to manage

In Italy I have had brokerage services for funds (SICAV) with a selection of about 4K funds, for free .Well, actually there are always "indirect" commissions depending the fund category,. The commissions for buying and selling reasonable amount of money(for egs 100K) ,depending on the fund , was around 15 euros per operation. Taxation is managed at the source (either fund management or broker, I dont know exactly) when the fund is sold, so nothing I had to worry about, including my income declaration in case of both capital gain or loss.

This is what I call cheap and simple

Degiro seems quite similar to the solution I mentioned above. Hopefully there is a free demo/subscription so I can check the funds list available. My understanding is that they don't manage the taxation part so, if was in Italy, I would have to calculate and declare my capital gain (if any).

I will check this option as well as I am not sure it is available from CH
https://www.directa.it/pub2/en/conto/100/1.html
bink.it

Thanks for all the ideas!