View Single Post
Old 08.02.2020, 05:17
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bvillar has no particular reputation at present
Left Switzerland...and forgot to close bank account

Hey everyone, I had a student account with Credit Suisse that was completely free with no minimum amounts or other conditions (except being a student/living in Switzerland). But when I left switzerland, I wasn’t sure I was not going to return (in fact apparently you can apply to “keep” you student permit for a few years if you decide to come back?). Well life happened, and I never closed it (it’s been a year and a few months).

I contacted credit suisse a few times asking about how to close it but I never heard back from them. Now I’m wondering what could have happened to that account and if it closed automatically? I find it unlikely that It would have automatically converted to a non-resident 480 euro a year private account since I definitely didn’t meet any of the criteria for such an account. They have my email but haven’t contacted me about this account since. Any thoughts or advice? Obviously I would like to close it asap and make sure the situation is over, but not sure about how to approach it. (yes I know it was a stupid mistake, but I was also 18 ��)

Last edited by bvillar; 08.02.2020 at 06:05.