View Single Post
Old 10.02.2020, 21:32

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
mary_dobr has earned some respectmary_dobr has earned some respect
Have to pay tax "at source" again, as it was lost

Dear all,
I hope no one has faced the same situation as I did, but still any ideas would be welcome.
I recently found out that the tax office in Neuchatel, where I live, did not receive "at source" tax from the company XXX where I work (located in Geneva). And I have to pay it now.

The issue appeared, as in October I obtained my C permit, and now I am paying my taxes myself. In theory, I should pay tax only for November and December 2019, but the tax office requested me to pay as of February 2019, the day when I started at XXX.

In brief: the XXX was taking the "at source" tax from my salary and sending it... to Santa Clause I believe? But definitely not to the Neuchatel tax office. (I can't believe the money as of February 2019 still have not reached the beneficiary, so the only conclusion I can make - they were not transferred).

I am now obliged to pay the whole sum again by March, and it's around 9k.

For sure, the first thing I did was the email to the accountant, responsible for the salary. Asking for any document that would confirm that the taxes were paid. But I have no clue how to proceed further, and what is actually possible to do in this situation. I don't have a feeling that XXX will just make a (X-mas present) transfer to the correct tax office with the correct sum.

Looks it's the responsibility of myself, but I have sent an email to the accountant in the beginning of the year, pointing out that I live in NE, and my taxes should go there. She replied it was taken into account, and my % was the NE rate. So definitely the fault of accountant?

Any thoughts welcome.