View Single Post
Old 11.02.2020, 10:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 452 Times in 358 Posts
Thanked 19,874 Times in 8,268 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Skiing (downhill) - close to Zurich this weekend

Quote:
View Post
I'm thinking of going skiing close to Zurich this weekend (February 15). I'm not sure where to go -- I look outside my window in Zurich and the weather just doesn't look like there will be good conditions.... I know mnts have different weather, but .....

Anyway - Anyone have current first hand experience with the slopes close to Zurich and would recommend one.

Me: beginner/intermediate
What else I'll need: Rental gear close to the slopes
how will I get there: Car or Train (I'd like to try taking the train, but I do have a car if that's required).

Thanks
Snow is forecast for Wednesday.

By train from Zurich, Flumserberg is really easy. Ski rental and lockers at the resort next to the lifts.
Good beginners slopes - with T-bar, and easy blues with chair lifts.

Not so easy by public transport but some nice slopes is Hoch-yBrig. Ski rental and lockers next to the cable car top station. You can easily just use the chair lifts as there are only a couple of T-bars. You can get back to the cable car from any of the chair lift top station which is good if you get tired.