View Single Post
Old 11.02.2020, 15:10
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 31 Times in 19 Posts
ch2013 has slipped a little
Re: Tradesman Complaint: Sunshades

I think these extracts from the CO apply:

Art. 1 A. Conclusion of the contract / I. Mutual expression of intent / 1. In general

A. Conclusion of the contract
I. Mutual expression of intent
1. In general
1 The conclusion of a contract requires a mutual expression of intent by the parties.
2 The expression of intent may be express or implied.

Art. 2 A. Conclusion of the contract / I. Mutual expression of intent / 2. Secondary terms

2. Secondary terms
1 Where the parties have agreed on all the essential terms, it is presumed that the contract will be binding notwithstanding any reservation on secondary terms.
2 In the event of failure to reach agreement on such secondary terms, the court must determine them with due regard to the nature of the transaction.
3 The foregoing is subject to the provisions governing the form of contracts.

Art. 8 A. Conclusion of the contract / II. Offer and acceptance / 5. Publicly promised remuneration

5. Publicly promised remuneration
1 A person who publicly promises remuneration or a reward in exchange for the performance of an act must pay in accordance with his promise.
2 If he withdraws his promise before performance has been made, he must reimburse any person incurring expenditure in good faith on account of the promise up to the maximum amount promised unless he can prove that such person could not have provided the performance in question.

So it appears that the tradesman may have a valid argument.
The following 6 users would like to thank ch2013 for this useful post: